I Am Proud !


I am really proud to have fallen
For in my fallenenss, 
I have been broken and showed you that,
I am never perfect, at times I fall.

I am proud to have shed tears 
Through those tears you have come to know
I have feelings and emotions to be met.

I am proud to have showed you my darkest side
The side that no one would ever wish to see
Through that darkness
You will come to love the dark aspect of me
You'll accept me for what I really am.

I am proud to have showed you my wounds
Through these wounds, you know that,
I am also in need of healing
Just as I have been wounded.

I am proud above all, to have loved you
Short was the time, hot was the love 
You showed me that nothing lasts forever.
Though my love was pure and stainless.

I am proud of everything 
For you will realise, 
True love is healing and restorative 
But I wonder,
Why did you take me out of the dark
To see the light and send me back to the dungeon?

Mutsawashe
Ifechukwu
26/05/24

Comments

Popular Posts