I Saw a Bullet in The Bible
I Saw a Bullet in the Bible
I found a bullet in the Bible
Death was the engraved graffiti on its cover
Yet, the script was full of life
Thoughts on whether you want peace or war
Enraged my fragile heart!
I saw a bullet in the Holy Scripture!
Massacre those roaches
Without any reproach
Show them no mercy, God instructed.
A bullet was fired from the Bible!
The Bible was the bloody gun,
Smoking death, gloom and destruction
The messenger of death crouches, cunningly, vicious!
The destructive bullet was fired from the Bible!
Close your eyes and pray, came the instruction
With the Great Amen, we opened our eyes.
Parts of scripture incomprehensible to us in our hands
Our lives in theirs
Our pearls without mercy they took.
They fired the last bullet
Not to injure, but with the intent to kill...
Mutsawashe
Ifechukwu
06/09/24



Comments