... as I Dance to your Heartbeat
... as I dance to your heartbeat!...
Singing melodiously in the rain
Dancing passionately in the pain
I in your arms
You in my heart!
An island, am I
An ocean you are
I want to flow right into your arms
Find rest in your shadow.
Chest to chest, hearts beating together
Looking passionately into your brown eyes...
A language of hearts ensues
No word, no speech, but its all clear.
Love that dispels all fear
A language of hearts that are near.
To the floor of love we groove
Arm to arm, Heart to heart, we dance
Not to the throbbing drums
But...
To the beating of your heart, flows the rythm.
Your brown eyes on fire with love
Your heart consumed with love's unquenchable flame,
It beats faster, yet the drumbeat goes slow
Who can understand a language for two?
The dance goes on, carries me away
Deep down the recesses of my heart
Lost in the maze of love rythm
A spark of intuition confronts me...
I can feel the beating of your heart
You are in my arms, I can feel your heart beat!
But you're never in mine
You don't desire to be...
I can't do anything except
.... face it
....but still, dance to your heart beat!
Mutsawashe
Ifechukwu
29/11/24



Comments