By The Roadside I sat... Waiting For You!
By The Roadside I Sat... Waiting For You
I sat by the roadside waiting for you!
Cheeks and hands supporting the other
Knees and elbows in pivot,
Back on the ground, as in a rivet
Moist soil it is, yet deep seated is the heat
I'm numb, I can't stand
Go on! My feet are so cold, so numb
Go back! Going through all the way's just the start!
The agony! So ruthless!
The demons lurking in the darkness!
Accusing, they mock me...
Loss and hopelessness, the lot of a broken heart.
Sitting by the roadside all alone!
Picking up my broken pieces
Long will be the journey in the cold
Longer still the journey to the heart
The haunting memories piercing through
Taunting gleefully, mockery from pride...
Last drop of strength spent
Anxiety surrounds me, I can't pick myself
I'm broken, I'm lost, I'm hurting!
I need to feel alive once again
After all, memories stay in the heart
Gone you are, far away
I reminisce your presence
I can't bring you back...
I am trying to hold on...
Learning to live with the broken pieces of me!
As I sit by the roadside
Picking myself up.
Mutsawashe
Ifechukwu
11/02/25



Comments