Oh Happy day...Oh Louder the Lament

Oh Happy day ... Oh Louder the Lament! 



A giving that comes quiet like the silence of night
A new hope, a fulfilled expectancy 
A glorious gift, pleasant to the mighty
An undeniable wonderful gift.

Oh what a happy day of your birth 
Oh what a profound sorrow over your soul
A future denied before it's even begun!
I'm happy for you, I groan in agony for you! 

Looking at you quietly as you lay silently, peacefully 
A calm peaceful joy overwhelms me, it's indescribable! 
Only a heart hears the language of love
Heart to heart, speaking in silence. 

Words hanging on my tongue, unutterable 
Flowing into your veins, you can feel it
A joy unexpressed, a peep in hope of what's ahead 
A joyful arrival, a cause of lament

Sweet memory, pleasurable, wonderful 
Yet, breaking, tearing, crushing! 

I moan in pain...
What I desired for you is not what you got...
Love, union, stability, strength...
All denied, refused, retracted! 

The pain grows deeper
You need strength from me 
Weak and vulnerable as you are 
Yet, you're my source of strength
And that's your name...

Your arrival I anticipated, I craved 
It filled me up.
Yet, it stripped me everything 
Including your very self!
I'm all alone, wondering!

I'm never leaving, I never left 
I want you to be happy
You'll hate me, 
Understand! 
I'm all over you
I had to give space for your happiness

I'm happy for you....
I lament greatly for myself! 

Mutsawashe 
Ifechukwu 
02/07/2025

Comments

Popular Posts